On this page you will find the purposes and the ways in which we process your personal data.
For the needs of the present where “website” is mentioned, hereinafter will mean the website located at the electronic address https://www.tripmentor.gr and the application associated with it (Tripmentor on Google Play & Apple Stores).
We operate the Tripmentor application (on Google Play & Apple Stores) as well as the homonymous website. The Tripmentor application is a personalized digital tourist guide, providing suggestions for exploring Attica to travelers according to their preferences. The website is an information site about the application, where also appear the links of the Tripmentor app to the above application stores.
Website visitors and Tripmentor subscribers will hereinafter be referred to as “users” or “you”.
We take very seriously the trust you place in us by sharing with us your information and we are committed to ensuring and respecting your privacy when you visit our website or use our services.
1. Who are we?
Tripmentor belongs to GEOAPEIKONISIS SA projects & GEOINFORMATICS, which from now on for reasons of brevity will be referred to as “Company” or “we/us”.
For issues related to the protection of your data you can contact us directly at email@example.com
According to the data protection legislation, which is based on the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Company is responsible for processing the data you provide to Tripmentor.
2. How do we collect your data and why?
We process various data, such as:
- User contact and identification information such as first name, last name, email address and user credentials
- Personal data from your Facebook social media profile, only if you choose to sign in to Tripmentor using it
- Photos, in-app posts, and social media posts you may have given us
- Geographical data or your location
- Device information such as when you accessed our services and information about the device used (for example, IP address, software or web browser used, preferred languages)
- Information about your travel preferences
Mainly, in the following cases:
- When registering to use Tripmentor
- When using Tripmentor
- When you contact us via the website or email
- Through cookies
In particular, regarding the collection of information about your location, we may collect such information if you have set up your device to send such information through the privacy settings for that device or if, for example, you have uploaded tagged photos with information location. We may also use your location information directly and / or share your location with third parties. We collect and share location information in order to provide you with relevant content.
The legal basis of processing is mainly the execution of a contract, in some cases however we rely on our legal interest (eg safeguarding the security of our information systems) or the existence of a legal obligation (eg disclosure of data to competent authorities ).
You can find out more about our Cookies Policy here (hyperlink page Cookies Policy)
3. How long do we store your data?
We store your data for as long as it is necessary and according to your choice (eg if you request to be deleted). In order to define the storage period, we always keep in mind the principle of limiting the storage period and we take all suitable measures for their safeguarding.
4. With whom do we share your data?
With absolutely no one for direct marketing purposes.
We use third party services for very specific and absolutely necessary services, such as hosting or web analytics. We have selected for these services large organizations that provide security guarantees and we have contracted with them in order to provide secure services.
In some cases we may be obliged to share data with judicial or police authorities, under strict terms and conditions and according to the applicable law.
Below you can find detailed information about the data protection policy in Tripmentor.
1. Controller of data processing
Tripmentor consists of the application of the same name providing personalized interactive travel guide services and the homonymous website providing information about the application. Tripmentor which is maintained and belongs to the Company in GEOAPIKONISI SA STUDIES & GEOINFORMATICS, (Registered GEMI No.: 121945701000), which from now on for reasons of brevity will be referred to as “Company” or “us”.
We collect certain information about Tripmentor users, which may lead to their direct or indirect identification.
According to the current legislation, this information is considered personal data, you as visitors or registered users are the “data subjects” and we, the Company, are “the controller” of the processing of your data.
Tripmentor commits to processing your data in a fair and transparent manner, always in accordance with the applicable legislation, as reflected mainly in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Greek Law 3471/2006:
- We collect and process your data only for specified, explicit and lawful purposes
- We collect and process only the data that is necessary for the purposes we establish
- We make every effort to ensure that your data is accurate, by giving you, depending on the case, the possibility of correction/ deletion
- We retain your data for a period of time which is required for the purposes we establish
- We make every possible effort to protect the security of your data from unauthorized or illegal processing and accidental loss, destruction or damage.
2. Collected data
We collect and process the following data of Tripmentor users:
- when they themselves provide them directly and voluntarily during their registration: Name, Surname, email, Username and password and personal Facebook profile data only if registered through it. The profiles created in Tripmentor are not publicly visible. The main purpose of data processing is the provision of services by us (contractual obligation). Such data may, if necessary, be processed for the purpose of preserving them, as well as while we establish, exercise or support legal claims.
- data collected with the help of cookies (hyperlink page Cookies policy)
- data that you voluntarily provide to us when interacting with the Tripmentor app such as photos and posts within the app, social media posts, geographical information related to the photos you share within the app, your location, travel information plans and preferences
- device data such as when you accessed the Tripmentor application and the device used (for example, IP address, software or web browser used, preferred languages)
- data we collect from the messages you send to the contact address (email, First Name, Last Name). We process the data in order to provide you with an answer. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without breachimg legality of the data process, based on the consent prior to its revocation.
3. Data collection purposes
We collect your data in order to offer you personalized services that meet your requirements. Accordingly, among others:
- To register in the application and for you to be able to manage your profile
- To provide you with travel guide services tailored to your preferences
- To share in the application if you wish your own experiences
- To measure your satisfaction
- To improve the application and the website
- To respond to your messages
- To resolve any problems and/ or issues
4. Data storage
Your data is stored in the Company system, which is hosted on a server that uses resources from the data center infrastructure of the Company. The management of the server is carried out with the appropriate methods, exclusively and only by strictly limited staff of the Company, without the mediation of third parties. The rules for determining the retention period result from the assurance of the rules for data protection, the best practices of the field and the preservation of the smooth operation of the Company.
We keep your data exclusively for a period of time, which is necessary for the respective processing purpose. There are distinctly defined storage periods for each data category. Specifically:
- If you are registered, we keep your data for as long as you remain registered
- If you send a message to the contact address to Tripmentor, your message and details will be deleted within 3 months from the date of the last message we received from you.
Please note that even if you request the deletion of your data, we may retain some of it solely for the purpose of legal obligations or for establishing, exercising and upholding legal claims.
Your data is stored in a format associated with you as a user only for as long as it is necessary for the respective processing purpose. Beyond this period, the data undergoes anonymization and pseudonym transformations, where their relation with your profile is ruptured, while maintaining the benefit for the operation of Tripmentor.
5. Users’ rights regarding the data
Based on the General Regulation for Data Protection you have a number of rights in relation to the processing of your data by the Company.
Specifically, regarding Tripmentor, you have the:
- Right of access, ie to submit a request to be informed if we are processing data and, if so, what it is, and some other information, such as e.g. the purpose of processing, the recipients, etc.
- Right to correct, ie to request the correction or completion of your details, (important note: you have the ability to correct any item through the editing function of your profile)
- Right to delete, ie to request the deletion of your data, which will be carried out under the conditions set by the existing national and Community legislation
- Right to restrict processing, ie to ensure, under certain conditions, the limitation of the processing of your data by us
- Right of objection, ie to oppose at any time the processing of your data based on our legal interest (commercial promotion)
- Right to data portability, ie to request the data you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, if this is deemed technically feasible under the provisions of the GDPR.
Finally, in the event of a data breach, which may jeopardize your rights and freedoms and if it does not fall within one of the exceptions provided for in the GDPR, we have an obligation to notify you without undue delay.
Compliance with the legal framework for data processing and, in this context, the exercise of your rights, is a priority for the Company. For this reason, we have the right to request the provision of additional information, which is necessary to confirm your identity before exercising your rights, such as e.g. delete your profile.
In principle, we are obliged to respond to your request immediately and within one month at the latest. If necessary, taking into account the complexity of your request and the number of pending requests, this deadline may be extended by another two months. In any case, we will inform you as soon as possible and, in any case within one month from the submission of your request, about its development and the reason for the possible delay of its satisfaction.
In case your requests are manifestly unfounded or excessive, especially due to their repetitive nature, the Company may either impose a reasonable fee, taking into account the administrative costs for providing the information or the announcement or execution of the requested action, or refuse to follow up on your request.
In case you consider that we do not comply with the legislation on personal data protection, you have the right to file a complaint to the competent supervisory authority (in Greece the Personal Data Protection Authority).
For any question or issue you face regarding the protection of your data by us, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hyperlinks to third party websites or applications
Also, through Tripmentor it is possible to share information on social media. When you choose to share information on social media, the information you share will be governed by the privacy settings you have set for them.
Tripmentor bears absolutely no responsibility for the content and personal data management policy of the website or application listed on each hyperlink.
6. Cookies Policy
You can see our cookies policy in detail here (hyperlink to the Cookies Policy page).
7. Minors of age
Our content and services are aimed solely at people over the age of 18 and we do not knowingly collect any information about people under this age limit. If you are under 18 years old, you are not allowed to submit your information to us in any way.
As it is not technically possible to control your age effectively in all cases, we pledge, in the event that the submission of personal data concerning minors is reported and verified, to delete all relevant information immediately. This deletion is with reservation to the need to comply with the data in case of establishment, exercise or support of our legal claims, or the provision of consent by a guardian.
8. Policy changes and notification
Effective protection of your personal data requires the systematic monitoring of our policies and procedures. At the same time, our desire to provide better services means that we are constantly striving to improve our practices and adopt new ones, always with respect to your personal data protection.
If you have any questions about our Policy or the way we process your data, as well as any questions or concerns you may have regarding the protection of your data by us, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
10. Legal framework for the protection of personal data
Law 4624/2019, Law 3471/2006, Law 2472/1997: https://www.dpa.gr/index.php/en/enimerwtiko/nomothesia/proswpikon_dedomenon
Regulatory acts of the Personal Data Protection Authority
General Regulation on Data Protection:
Directive 2002/58 / EC:
Directive 2009/136 / EC: